Job ID 1138
Career Level Manager
Experience 4 Years
Blocktech MEP are looking for a BID manager who has previously worked within either an Engineering, Construction, or FM Firm.
The successful candidate will need to be able to show a history of successfully wining bids within the industry, as well as having technical knowledge around MEP and HVAC works.
The BID Manager will need to be able to drive the sales process from start through to correct accurate costing, tender delivery and successful order closure.
Our client is growing, and the vacancy has come from an internal promotion, they are very much interested in team players with a great work ethic to compliment the company.
- Conduct initial analysis of mechanical drawings and specifications to ensure required documentation is present.
- Complete narratives and full transparent costs for selected project or maintenance cost estimate to adequately describe mechanical scope and level of quality.
- Research selected products from a Cost and Schedule perspective. This includes E-mailing, internet research and phone calling to the subcontractor community.
- Solicit sub-contractor pricing and bids for mechanical trades in preparation of cost estimate for CM Projects and Lump Sum Bids.
- Review progress and construction documents for constructability. Lead and participate in discussion regarding alternate detail and materials for mechanical areas or trades.
- Provide and present Value Management options and costs for mechanical trades to Pre-construction Staff.
- Provide detailed Scope Sheets for mechanical trades.
- Coordinate administrative staff in sending documents to vendors and pro-acting to planning and return dates of all BD Estimates.
- Provide the initial pricing for areas of the project estimate where directed by the Pre-construction Staff.
- Complete all activities with pride of ownership
- Proven experience within a challenging BD environment