Job ID 1653
Career Level Others
Experience 4 Years
Blocktech MEP are looking on behalf of their client for an experienced Gas Engineer to join their commercial team on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will need knowledge of boilers/combustion and gas safety compliance, they will be required to be a self-motivated gas engineer with a proactive approach and practical knowledge of general building to help the team provide service and repair works to our clients.
The roles requires the applicant to travel to various sites around London and the south east of England. Our client is looking for a reliable gas engineer who can work on their own initiative and has good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Boiler/combustion servicing
- Fault identification and repair works across a variety of sectors including MET Police, MOD and NHS.
- Attendance to callouts during working hours and in addition be part of the out-of-hours emergency call out rota.
- Utilising the job management system
- Completing and submitting clear concise, accurate reporting for works carried out, further work required and gas compliance certification.
- Regularly communicate with the facilities management helpdesk and Contracts Manager on the relevant job progressions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Knowledge of a variety of Commercial/Domestic appliances and maintenance.
- Extensive experience in commercial fault finding and rectification.
- Good all-round knowledge of heating systems
- Knowledge of fixed electrical systems & controls/BMS.
- DBS Preferred.
- CSCS Preferred.
- Full UK driving licence.
Certificates Required by start date:
- A minimum of: COCN1, ICPN1, CIGA1, CDGA1, TPCP1, CCN1, CENWAT
- You will work for a growing forward-thinking company, with new offices, meeting rooms, focus room, chill out lounges and a strong social and team building ethos throughout the company.
- A company Van, ipad and Uniforms are provided
- 8 Hours Days
- On call rotation is once every 5 weeks with a standby charge of £70 plus hourly rate door to door.
- Overtime available with double time on Sundays.