Job ID 1655
Career Level Others
Experience 5 Years
Blocktech MEP are looking on behalf of their client for a Senior Electrical building services Engineer.
We feel this is an exciting role for the right person as it has more aspects than the usual position including potentially heading a small team.
The main purpose of your role would be to use sound knowledge of Electrical building services whilst providing support and line management to the electrical team to progress multiple projects producing schematics and engineering calculations within agreed timescales.
The client has been established since the 90’s and the consultancy side has grown into a multi-disciplinary consultancy encompassing all aspects of MEP design with projects all over the UK and Europe. There is a very good team spirit within the company and a great work/life balance, the MD and two Directors both began with the company on an apprenticeship scheme.
There are some flexible work options available, a health care plan, pension scheme, and a non-contracted bonus scheme.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- Degree or equivalent in Engineering (electrical)
- At least 5 years practical design experience in Building services electrical engineering
- High level working knowledge of CAD
- Working knowledge of UK electrical design standards
- Flexible and resilient ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to teach, motivate, manage, inspire, and build respectful relationships with team members, directors, and clients.
Principle tasks and responsibilities:
- To actively review, in conjunction with the process owners, the design process
- Produce schematics, elevations, details in AutoCAD which meet engineering directives, UK engineering standards, CDM regulations and client drawing and quality procedures
- Support the team with project checking/reviews; resolving issues in order to maintain timeframes and quality compliance
- Maintain a working knowledge of appropriate engineering and industry standards
- Liaise concisely and professionally with external members of the design team and Clients on Technical subjects whether at client meetings, workshops, project review meetings
- Ensure that all projects remain in budget, monitor whether additional fees are appropriate and control team workload to meet the schedules
- To actively assist management to maintain an effective business by raising potential threats and suggesting remedies to overcome
- To work flexibly and efficiently to maintain the highest professional standards
- To work with the Team leader to provide line management and support to the electrical team
- To monitor the team and individual performance flagging issues to senior management or HR
- To act in accordance with the client group policies and procedures
Please apply with your Cv for further information.