Job ID 1644
Career Level Others
Experience 3 Years
Blocktech MEP are looking for a HVAC service engineer on behalf of our Dublin based client. The role comes with many benefits including company van, company phone, and travelling expenses allowance. Although the company is based in Dublin you will occasionally need to travel countrywide and have a willingness’s to do this. On rare occasion there is the opportunity to travel abroad for projects, earn extra income and pick up valuable experience.
Our client is a global leader in climate solutions for mission-critical processes. Offering innovative, efficient and sustainable solutions for customers in industries where controlling temperature and humidity is mission critical. They work within 3 different areas predominantly Air Tech, Food tech, and Data Center Technologies. They work with a range of products like close control units, data hall cooling, rooftop units, air handling, field equipment rooms, and custom various products.
- Commissioning of AC plant and systems including, AHUs, VRF / Split Systems, Chillers and CRAC units in accordance with approved commissioning processes and procedures, meeting all quality and performance requirements as per the design intent.
- Ensure AC systems are installed and commissioned in accordance with the approved Project designs / specifications.
- Generation of daily/weekly reports to Contracts Manager / Project Manager, detailing activities completed, including the planning of future scope and opportunities.
- Provide engineering and technical support to plan, schedule, coordinate and execute full life cycle commissioning of critical facilities both nationally and internationally.
- Perform test procedures of AC equipment including integration and testing of BMS interface points.
- Terminating / wiring of AC equipment.
- Interact with clients and contractors, interpreting design and specifications.
- Prepare and action punch lists and determine corrective measures for on-site issues that may arise.
- Conduct walk-downs / reviews of installations as part of a handover demonstration for clients.
- Familiarise oneself with codes, local project regulations, construction practices and the latest equipment functional concepts.
- Act as project coordinator with other field engineers, coordinating presentation and administration procedures.
- Role may also include the management and implementation of Preventative/Planned Maintenance activities on running AC equipment throughout the Project, comprising spares / inventory management, planning and execution of activities in accordance with site processes, and keeping appropriate certificates and records.
Skills and Requirements:
- The ideal candidate would have minimum 3 years post apprenticeship experience.
- Proven technical skills with hands-on experience working with HVAC Systems.
- Full Clean driving licence and Safe Pass Card are essential.
- Location flexibility and high mobility required – willingness to work nationwide and on occasion international travel is required.
- Have a positive, pro-active approach to working in a team environment along with excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Prepared to work out of office hours and occasionally on weekends, as and when required