Job ID 1625
Career Level Manager
Experience 3 Years
Blocktech MEP are looking on behalf of their client for a Mechanical Project manager to join them on a permanent basis starting on a Residential build in Deptford.
The ideal candidate will be from a Mechanical background having worked on similar projects. Either working as a Mechanical project manager or as a project engineer who is ready to take the step into the Management side.
Our client was founded and has been running for over 100 years specialising in the design, installation and maintenance of heating, air conditioning, ventilation, drainage, plumbing and electrical solutions for the residential, Hotel, Care Homes, Student Accommodation, leisure, and commercial sectors.
Managing projects from the concept stage to completion, working in a professional friendly manner with a lot of group support not usually found in a firm of this size. In 2021 winning a best medium employer award with the judging panel being particularly impressed with how staff are given a complete understanding of the business, full support, and mentoring.
To be acceptable for this role you will also need to be driven to deliver quality projects in time and within budget, take pride in your work, ownership, responsibility both financially and progressively.
Necessary Requirements or attributes for the successful candidate:
- Detailed Knowledge of the project manager role.
- Demonstrate stability by spending more than 3 years within a similar company.
- Excellent team management skills both internal and with subcontractors.
- Ability to build and manage relationships with clients.
- Able to attend and contribute to monthly project management meetings.
- Have a HNC or equivalent as well as a SMSTS or IOSH Manager CSCS Card.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft and project management software.
- Experience in taking projects from Inception to completion and hand over, with examples.
- Take responsibility for Health and Safety adhering to all company and client procedures and following company protocol on any near misses or accidents.
- Lead and motivate the team
- Manage performance: monitor, supply feedback, and confront issues.
- Commercial understanding and the ability to take ownership and deliver projects within budget.
- Able to manage and overcome issues with Sub-Contractors
- Client facing with the ability to install confidence and overcome objections and issues in a professional manner.
- Good technical understanding across all the Mechanical construction disciplines.
If you meet the requirements/attributes and have worked within an established M & E company for 3 years in a similar role, then please apply with your cv and a covering note