Job ID 1627
Career Level Others
Experience 5 Years
Blocktech MEP are looking for an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer to join their client’s office in Dublin either in a Permanent or contract capacity. They are looking for Engineers with a strong understanding of the engineering lifecycle related to facility design and construction within laboratories, biotech, pharma, or Life sciences industries.
As a Senior Engineer your responsibilities will include engineering and design oversight for facility power distribution systems, grounding, lighting, and low voltage communications systems in some of the most complex pharmaceutical facilities on the planet. Designs may also occasionally include retrofit of existing building systems.
- Strong understanding of engineering lifecycle related to electrical deliverables.
- Work directly with the project team to design electrical systems for Biotech and Pharmaceutical clients.
- Detailed design experience for electrical systems.
- Layout and size electrical equipment on floor plans.
- Responsibilities will likely include demonstrated understanding of switchgear design, low, medium, and high voltage, single line diagrams, line, etc.
- Ability to coordinate and interact effectively with other MEP disciplines.
- Identifying deliverables, defining requirements, creating design drawings.
- Develop technical specifications and layouts while working in tandem with project managers and engineers across multiple disciplines.
Qualifications & Required Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Architectural Engineering.
- 5+ years of facility design and construction in clean room, laboratories, biotech, pharma, or Life sciences industries.
- Strongly motivated, well organized, and shows professional initiative.
- Ability to work in a fastpaced and challenging environment.
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Find problems or issues as a challenge to innovate, overcome, or learn
Our client is a global Engineering specialist working within Pharmaceutical, Biopharmaceutical, Medical Technologies, advanced technology facilities, specialist chemicals, and energy.
They are a global organisation with offices in UK, USA, Europe, Singapore, and the middle east. Previous contract and permanent placements have all given good feedback.